Hot Oxalate Glue – Aspergillus Niger

Article Source ~ How to prevent kidney stones. Get the mold out.

Many metal ions form insoluble precipitates with oxalate, a prominent example being calcium oxalate, the primary constituent of the most common kind of kidney stones.

Manganese, Gluconate and Oxalate.

A Fungal Origin ~ Article Source

Anyone familiar with kidney stones may find all of this mundane. But the unexpected piece is that oxalate crystals are produced in very high amounts by molds and fungus. Aspergillus—a common organism that causes infection in humans and also is found in the black fungi that you may find in your bathroom—produces oxalates, and lots of them. And these stones will form any place that has infection by the fungus.

He reports, “In the case of sinus infection, mold and fungus, not bacteria, are the most common causes of infection. A colleague of mine, who is an eye, nose and throat specialist, X-rayed a patient’s sinuses and found large oxalate crystals in her sinuses, which disappeared after anti-fungal treatment.

Large oxalate crystals have also been isolated from the lungs of people who had Aspergillus infection of the lungs. The deposits can also form in the skin where they create black areas and necrotic lesions in people with very high oxalate levels.”

Yeast Connection to Kidney Stones

Shaw reports, “Children who take oral antibiotics will frequently have much higher amounts of oxalates. Antibiotics severely disrupt the balance of normal flora in the gut, with a consequent exponential proliferation in the growth of Candida, which is resistant to antibiotics. Oral antibiotics first appeared in the early 1950s, and the pharmaceutical companies actually included antifungal drugs along with the antibiotics because they knew about this problem. The FDA disallowed the addition, declaring that there was no approval for the prophylactic use of anti-fungals, thereby washing their hands of the whole business. It is significant to note that if individuals are given the same amount of antibiotics intravenously, their oxalate values do not rise because there was no effect on the GI tract. In some ways the old medical treatment—a shot of penicillin—was a lot safer.”


Even though a person can avoid the worst oxalate offenders in the foods we eat—soy foods and spinach— if you are enjoying a varied diet, it is difficult to reduce dietary oxalate levels to near zero because they occur in so many foods—grains, nuts, vegetables and fruits. And again, food source only represents 20% of the oxalate found in the body. The other 80% is generated elsewhere, namely by overgrown yeast or fungus.

For treatment, Shaw recommends, “The most effective way to get rid of overall oxalates is an effective anti-fungal therapy to help control Candida along with a high quality probiotic. Probiotic bacteria have enzymes that break down oxalates.”

So, there you have it. A missing diagnosis for all that oxylate that’s sent you seeking a birthing coach for your next kidney stone.